Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

compatability with Access or Oracle DB

Microsoft Project

Old 16-11-2011

compatability with Access or Oracle DB

My boss has given my 1 day to find out which program to use - Access or MS Project.

Situation: We have a large Oracle based Database for work management which has no project management capabilities.

What needs to be done:**I will need to pull data from the DB and place it in a format that will allow me to do time, cost, productivity, and hrs per person per project type productivity.**It won't be a steady stream/connection.**I'll have to pull it bi weekly and insure that data gets updated.

My questions:
1) I know that MS Project can give me the analysts and reports, but I don't know if it can pull the data from an oracle based db

2) Can I do what MS Project does in Access?**I know about the 3rd party gantt chart software, but can Access float a custom basecalendar with exceptions on each person?

3) Or is there a way to pull the data with Access and then update the data in MS Project from Access?**

Old 07-12-2011

Re: compatability with Access or Oracle DB

Oracle itself comes with a ability to import and export data. The objects which support the migration are :
  • Tables
  • Views
  • Indexes
  • Users
  • Constraints
Later on it is possible to import or export this data in another database system like Ms Access or Mc Project.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Tags: , , ,