Thread: Display baseline for Summary task

Display baseline for Summary task

Is there a way to display the baseline information for high level tasks also? For example: I have

Task Group 1
    Task 1.1
    Task 1.2
    Task 1.3
    Task Group 2
    Task 2.1
    Task 2.2
    Task 2.3

While I can see the baseline for tasks 1.1,1.2,1.3,2.1,2.2,2.3 but for Task Groups 1 and 2 it only shows progress and doesn't show the baseline for those tasks.
    How can I get MS Project to display that please?

Thank you in advance,
    Jay

Re: Display baseline for Summary task

You can use the below formula in text1 colunm (customize field):

Int(IIf([Current Date]>[Baseline Finish],100,IIf([Current Date]<[Baseline Start],0,ProjDateDiff([Baseline Start],[Current Date])/ProjDurValue([Baseline Duration])*100))) & "%"

Select in Calculation for task and summary row: use formula.

Thank you for the below formula. I am using Text1,Text2 and Text 3 for something else so I input below formula in Text4 column. I have some % values between 0% and 100% in this column now. There are no values in the rows of summary tasks in this text4 column.
    I am not clear how adding this column will show baseline bars at the summary task level in my Gantt Chart. Would you mind clarifying further what you have in mind?

Thanks again,
    Jay

Ok I figured out what your last line meant. So I have % values in the rows of summary task in text4 column now. But I am not sure how to display the baseline bar in my Gantt chart (Tracking gantt view) on the right....

Jay

You can try to display baseline start and finish dates and actual start and finish dates for each task.
    1. On the View menu, click Gantt Chart.
    2. On the Format menu, click Bar Styles.
    3. In the Row column of the bar type that you want to appear first for each task, type or select 1.
    4. In the Row column of the bar type that you want to appear second for each task, type or select 2.
    5. If you want to display a third or fourth row of task information, type or select 3 or 4 in the Row column for the information you want to appear.

Thank you very much for help and feedback. As I was playing with the Bar Styles I realise I can add additional row and put baseline again and this time choose to apply to summary or flag1 (if thats the case) type of tasks only. By default MS Project displays baseline for "task" type of tasks and since summary tasks are not "task" baseilne was not being displayed.

This resolved the problem of displaying baseline but now for these summary tasks even though baseline finish date is earlier (Lets say 30 Nov 2011) my baseline still displays upto the summary task finish date (lets say 31 Jan 2012). Does anyone know why that might be?

Jay