Thread: Project 2007 professional fails to install

Project 2007 professional fails to install

I have just bought a copy of Microsoft Project Professional 2007. When I try to install it I get as far as Install Now. When I click on the button nothing happens for a few moments and I then get the message ‘Microsoft office project professional 2007 setup has stopped working’ with a further message ‘A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available’. I then don’t get any further message after the setup program closes down.

I can’t find any helpful information on the Microsoft website or in previous threads on this topic. Because I haven’t installed the product I can’t give Microsoft a PID number and so don’t qualify for free technical support. (I can’t believe they charge £46 for email technical support!) The retailer Software4Students is no help at all.

I’m running Windows Vista home premium service pack 2. I’ve tried disabling Norton anti-virus, user account control and data execution prevention. None of this works. I have not had a previous retail or trial version of Project installed on the machine.

Any advice would be much appreciated...even if it's 'download OpenProject instead'.

Re: Project 2007 professional fails to install

Hello according to me it’s a problem of operating system or maybe it’s a problem of hardware. Reboot your system and again try it. Or if it’s not helpful then you can contact with windows vista newsgroups I am sure that you will get solution there. Or maybe it’s a fault of your CD which you are using to install it. If it having faulted then go to your vender and replace it. I hope this will help you to understand. Try this and let me know if it works. And if you get any other solution then share your experience with us thank you.