Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Changing Calendar to count all days and not only BUSINESS days

Microsoft Project

Old 11-01-2011

Changing Calendar to count all days and not only BUSINESS days

My project has reports that are due a specific number of days prior to and post an event. On the Gantt Chart I want to show in the "Duration" colum the number of days that the report is due, but my days keep changing on the task that has the test event. For example, I have a test event 2/7-2/14, I have a Test Readiness Review due 14 days prior to the start of the test and a Test Plan due 45 days prior to the start of the test. I would like to show the 14 days and 45 days, respectively, on the Gantt Chart, but when I make them Predecessors to the test event my dates change on the test task. Can I change the Calendar to count all days and not only business days?

Old 11-01-2011

Re: Changing Calendar to count all days and not only BUSINESS days

You can add a start to start link between test readiness review and test. Then add a -14ed lead to push the test readiness review 14 calendar days before the test task. Double click on the link line and enter the -14ed in the lag field. The "ed" stands for elapsed days and counts 24 hour periods of time -- disregarding working and nonworking time set in the calendar.
Old 11-01-2011

That worked for me. Thank you very much for your time and for sharing your experience.
Old 12-01-2011

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Tags: , ,