Thread: MS Project Professional 2010 "failed to install this package" error

MS Project Professional 2010 "failed to install this package" error

I just downloaded beta version of MS Project 2010. I am running Vista, and there is no problem with the system requirements for MS Project. When I am trying to launch the .exe file then I get some kind of error that says "failed to install this package". I am forced to click OK and then nothing happens. This is my second attempt to download its new package. So, after downloading it, when I tried to launch it then it halted at "Loading files" and then nothing? Can anyone please help?

Re: MS Project Professional 2010 "failed to install this package" error

Is it a beta version or trial version? I guess you're talking about the trial version because the beta is no longer available since about April, since the output was in May. Have you tried completely uninstalling Project 2010 Trial by going into Start> Control Panel> Programs> Uninstall a program? If the program is not in your list of add and remove programs then you will need to download some tool that will clean the registry.

Thank you for your prompt response. Indeed I am confused a bit with the names and it is the trial version of MS Project Professional 2010. The program does not appear in the tool installation / Uninstallation. And I dont know anything about any tools that will clean out the registry, can you shed some more lights on same?

Well, you can download the Ccleaner software. This software is designed to optimize and to clean the system. The software removes unused files from your hard drives, shortcuts without target, ActiveX controls, help files, registry entries, etc, to free up space and improve the loading of Windows. CCleaner is also able to erase all traces of your browsing on the web in a few seconds.