Thread: What filters do you run to check integrity of schedule and for schedule reports?

What filters do you run to check integrity of schedule and for schedule reports?

I am transitioning to MS Project from Primavera. I lost all my screen shots of my Primavera filter setups and a list of what all they were. I am noticing MS Project filtering language/selections are a bit different than Primavera's. ie P3e = BL Start DD+30d: equals activities with BL Start on Data date and 30days after.

What filters setup do you run for 30/60/90 look ahead in ms project?

What other schedule reports using filtering do you run and can you send screen shots of the specific filters for Missed starts, missed finishes, late starts, late finishes, out of sequence tasks, actuals in the futures, negative slack and any other important ones I might be missing.

Thank you. Always a learning curve learning new software.

Re: What filters do you run to check integrity of schedule and for schedule reports?

There are kind of very less tool for that. I had tried searching for the same. The most you can do is create an script for the same which can scan and search data. There are very less possibles which can guide you on this. There is also not a tool provided by Microsoft which can identify and rectify errors on projects you had created in your system. There are very less options for customizations.
    Scalability for Microsoft Project Central

Re: What filters do you run to check integrity of schedule and for schedule reports?

Quote Originally Posted by skier9er View Post
    I am transitioning to MS Project from Primavera. I lost all my screen shots of my Primavera filter setups and a list of what all they were. I am noticing MS Project filtering language/selections are a bit different than Primavera's. ie P3e = BL Start DD+30d: equals activities with BL Start on Data date and 30days after.

What filters setup do you run for 30/60/90 look ahead in ms project?

What other schedule reports using filtering do you run and can you send screen shots of the specific filters for Missed starts, missed finishes, late starts, late finishes, out of sequence tasks, actuals in the futures, negative slack and any other important ones I might be missing.

Thank you. Always a learning curve learning new software.
    First I'd suggest looking at some of the already built in filters. The Slipping tasks filter will show you tasks with a schedule finish later than baseline finish.
    For "missed starts" -- compare start to baseline start.
    For Actuals in the future -- compare Actual start to current date.
    Negative slack can be filtered for by using the Total Slack field.

Explore the Filters > More Filters dialog -- view some of the built-in filters and then post back with further questions.

I hope this helps.

Julie