Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Custom Field to display start time in Hours and Minutes

Microsoft Project

Old 01-06-2010

Custom Field to display start time in Hours and Minutes

Hey guys, am in urgent need of some help regarding Microsoft Project. Now I have been working with MSP since past couple of months but am not able to find a way to display the start time field in hours and minutes. So far Iíve tried using Custom field but it displays one or the other. In other attempt I tried contact both but it gives me an error message in the field. Somebody please help me out.

Old 01-06-2010

Re: Custom Field to display start time in Hours and Minutes

You havenít mentioned which MSP project you are using, I mean 2003 or 2007. Anyways, in Project 2007, I need to go to Tools > Options > View and select the Date Format on top of the list. After doing this I get all dates including time of day. So you can go through the same and see if t works for you as well.
Old 01-06-2010

Thank you very much for the help buddy, but mine is Project 2010?
Old 20-04-2012

Hi,

I've recently created a new 'View' in my Project where I can have numerous different columns open ready to export data to Excel for reporting and inputting to Pivot Tables. My problem is, I want to maintain my date format in my Gantt chart view with the day in front of the date, but want just straight date format in my new 'View', does anyone know if it's possible to have 2 different date formats in the same project?
Old 20-04-2012

You can over-ride date formats in views in the table definition. Edit the table and select a different date format in the lower portion of the dialog.

I hope this helps.

Julie

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Tags: