Thread: File not found error on open and closing project file

File not found error on open and closing project file

I am using Microsoft Project Pro 2003 edition at my office. It is running over Project Server 2003. It is working well and there is no problem with the same. There were some recent windows update which were downloaded in the system and after that there was a problem. I was getting File Not found error. I got the error 2 time when I am opening project files. I am not able to understand the cause behind it. My files looks ok and there is no bug with the same. It looks to be complicated to find out a proper solution for the same.

I am getting the same error on some files which were having macros. It is not working well. There is always a annoying pop up on the screen saying that the file cannot be open. It is a kind of visual basic error and it is not ready to go. I need some reference on the same. I do not think the issue is caused by updates but it is triggered automatically. One the same hand I had just tested the file by opening it in VB editor. There was no error at all. It was working well and there was also no warning.

I am getting the same kind of problem with project files. But it is only with a single file. While other in the same works very well and there is no error at all. I had tried to save the files back in proper format but still the problem was constant. Later on I saved the file in mpd format and the issue was resolved. It looks there some issue with internal object which is causing the crash. There must be some available option that should work and offer a proper way of repairing the corrupt files.

Hi,

I have the same problem like you on msp 2007.
    I confirm that in vba editor i can't see the project file.

So i will try the xml export solution

I finnaly recovered my project by exporting it in xml.
    Thank for the tips.

Re: File not found error on open and closing project file

I have seen this problem too. What I have found is that it seems to be related to the VBAProject.Name property, which is typically "VBAProject", but in all cases where I get the file not found error, it is c____ plus the path and name of the file with all the "\" replaced with "_". My solution so far has been to open in Project 2010 and save back to Project 2003 or 2007.