Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Copy Gantt chart to clipboard

Microsoft Project

Old 22-10-2009

Copy Gantt chart to clipboard

I have prepared a Gantt Chart in Project 2007. I also have MS Office 2007 installed on my PC. I wanted to copy the gantt Chart and past it in MS Excel or Word using VBA. I tried it by generating a Giffile but it is killing up the quality. Can anyone please tell me which is the better way of copying "View | Gantt chart" to clipboard and then pasting it in Word or Excel? Thanks in advance for help.

Old 22-10-2009

Re: Copy Gantt chart to clipboard

Are you able to open Word and are you able to open file or create new file once you have the Word application object? I think the following word VBA instruction inserts a picture:

Quote:
Selection.InlineShapes.AddPicture FileName:= _"C:\Documents and Settings\Jan De Messemaeker\My Documents\My
Pictures\20080511\Afb001.jpg" _, LinkToFile:=False, SaveWithDocument:=True
Old 23-10-2009

As you might be knowing the when we hit Print-Scr key it captures the complete screen in bitmap format which can be edited with regular graphic editor. You can try out Internet Explorer or other web browser for viewing GIF. Look up the EditCopyPicture method; with the parmaeter forprinter:=pjscreen you copy the picture to the clipboard. The copy the selection and paste it in word.
Old 20-04-2010

Re: Copy Gantt chart to clipboard

Did you resolve the quality issue, I am having the same problem and want to display a clearer gantt?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Tags: , , , ,