Thread: Planned vs. Actual

Planned vs. Actual

I want to separate planned work and duration from actual. I have a task which is scheduled for start 4/7 Finish 4/8 work hours of 16, i want to adjust the entry table in a way so that it reflects actual start 4/7 and actual finish 4/9 along with hours. I have tried doing so but for some reason the actual work is coinciding with w/ duration at 3 days and actual work at 24 hrs. Is there anything that i might be missing, any help for this will be appreciated.

Re: Planned vs. Actual

As far as i am aware there are Start, Finish, Duration, and Work as well as Actual Start, Actual Finish, Actual Duration, and Actual Work. They are different sets of fields in the database. You will see the first set if you might be viewing the Entry table. On the other hand you will see the second set if you might be viewing the Tracking table. Apart form these two sets there is a third set of fields, the Baseline Start, Baseline Finish, Baseline Duration, and Baseline Work fields. So when ever you save a baseline the data in the scheduled Start, Finish, etc fields gets copied in corresponding baseline fields. If you enter values on the Entry table then you are not changing the Actuals but you are changing the scheduled, so the Actual Start field will remain empty.

Thanks for that, i think that's what i was missing/ I forgot about the actual coinciding w/ planned and was getting thrown because of having planned and actual fields & the one way link. I will try adding the baseline fields to my tables now and will let you know if that works.