Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Global.mpt

Microsoft Project

Old 25-03-2009

Global.mpt

Something went wrong with my newly installed MS project 2007. Whenever am trying to open a file, it gives me and error message something related to modules. But I can ensure that the file doesn't contain any modules. Can anyone from here please tell me what the “Default” modules that Microsoft establishes are? Tools-organizer-modules? In order to fix this error I want to restore my modules for global.mpt.

Old 25-03-2009

RE: Global.mpt

Hi CreepeRer, you should have posted the entire error message here. Anyways, did you tried Auxiliary, Format_Duration, frmFormatDuration, frmRollUp, Rollup_Formatting ?
Old 25-03-2009

RE: Global.mpt

Thanks for the reply friend and sorry I dint posted the error message. It is as follows:

Microsoft Visual Basic
File Not Found

It is MS Project 2007 and along with the error I also get a help link which when I click it gives me error saying “File not found (Error 53).”
Old 27-03-2009

Re: Global.mpt

I am also getting this problem on several files. Every time I try to run a macro I need several attempts to get past these error messages. I tried the solution you mention above, and it gets over the problem, but I noticed that the finish dates of several tasks have changed, and also some earned value calculations have changed on several tasks. Any suggestions to avoid this?
Old 29-04-2010

Re: Global.mpt

Hey even I wanted to ask something regarding Pointing Multiple Global.mpt files. Can somebody please tell me what is the process to use a global.mpt file that someone has given you on a thumb drive without replacing the default global project stores in the 1033 directory? Thanks for the help.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Tags: , , ,