Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Using Project to plan multiple proposals

Microsoft Project

Old 31-01-2009

Using Project to plan multiple proposals

I am new to using the MS Project and I am working on multiple grant proposals and want to do one Gantt Chart to keep track of them all, and also to assign the resources and man-hours of all the people working on the proposals. Every proposal has a different finish date. I just want to keep update the chart and tasks every time that I decide to work on a new grant proposal. I am able to create a new project file when I have one proposal to complete but I am not sure how to do this with proposals and how to integrate them all.

Old 31-01-2009

RE: Using Project to plan multiple proposals

It seems to me that you have multiple standalone grant proposals. Every proposal has mutiple tasks but the proposals dont need to link to each other, it might be possible that some of them running in parallel. So the easiest way to do it is just put them all in one file and then each grant will have a summary task with all its subordinate tasks intended under it. With this way, you will be able to use one resource sheet in one file and track everything.
Old 05-08-2011

An easy way to plan multipe proposals is to create a template from one project then you can use it over again. Assigning temporary resources or resources that are repeated in the template. Please see - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.80).aspx. I came across an inexpensive desktop product that can report and track across your proposal projects with ease.

You could also create a master project with each proposal project as a sub-project. However, as you know, reports in MS Project can me something that you may not want to show a customer or management. The MS Project Reporting desktop project may help you do that.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Tags: , ,