Thread: Project 2007 - Error Messages When Saving Files

Project 2007 - Error Messages When Saving Files

Upgrading Microsoft Project has caused major failure in my system. I was using Project 2003 before. Then I upgraded to 2007. I thought adding the new one will offer me more new features and benefit. But there was a new issue that appeared. In the older project I had created many files and there were many integrated plans. There were also number of views and filter. Later on I open some project file and saved them. But changes were not made. I got a error -- "Unexpected error occured during command execution. I am bit annoyed with the same. Is there anyone who can help me to fix the issue.

It looks your project files are corrupt due to which you are getting that error. I had also upgraded and my old files are working well. You must always keep a backup of your entire data and sometime files get corrupt over time. I am not sure about any way of recovering them, but still you can test out some files and save them somewhere else. There can be something new in Project 2007. But all features are design to support the older one. There must not be this kind of error.

There are various question that you will have to first answer and then only you can get a working solution for the same. Something a security application like antivirus can also be cause behind your issue. You must try to disable that and then try to save it. I am sure it will work and will not pop out any error. I am not sure about this but the new edition might also offer you some kind of compatibility settings and with that you can work on the older files.

Re: Project 2007 - Error Messages When Saving Files

Quote Originally Posted by nitaw View Post
    Hello,

I have a user who receives the same error message after updating task. "Unexpected error occured during command execution.
    Verify that all argument names & values are correct & are of
    the correct type You may also have ran out of memory ......"
    was this ever resolved? i'm getting the same error message and cannot view a project that I spent hours creating. Would love any advice on a workaround.

Re: Project 2007 - Error Messages When Saving Files

All the possible solutions and reasons for this issue is already mentioned in above post and I don’t thing that is something left for me. Anyway it looks more like that the project file which you are using might be corrupted and that is the reason that you are facing this problem. So should check for that first to proceed to any of the solutions for this.