Thread: How to hide completed tasks in Gantt view

How to hide completed tasks in Gantt view

I want to only show incomplete task in a Gantt view. I have tried using the filter but have only been able to highlight the completed tasks and not hit them. I have even looked a groups but havent been able to find the fix for this issue? Can anyone please help me out. Thanks.

RE: How to hide completed tasks in Gantt view

The filter Incomplete Tasks will be able to hide all the completed tasks. You can also try to turn on the auto-filter option and create a custom filter on the %Complete field to show only tasks with less than 100%.

RE: How to hide completed tasks in Gantt view

I tried to use the Project/Filtered for Incomplete tasks and all that happens is that the Incomplete Tasks turn blue but they are not hidden in either the gantt view or in the print preview. Is there any other solution? Thanks.

Re: How to hide completed tasks in Gantt view

If you are filtering check to see that the "Highlight" option is not selected then try this, go to the project menu and then select "Filter For" and then "More Filters". In the list that shows up, you can see incomplete tasks and three buttons. One says Highlight, which will turn all the tasks that meet your criteria blue, and another will say "Apply", which will hide all other tasks, and the last says "Cancel" on which you dont have to click. So, when you will click apply and incase it will turn your tasks blue and then something is wrong with your installation of project. You can try to reinstall the same.

Did someone modify the Incomplete Tasks filter? If so, then you can try turning on the auto filter, that will be at the bottom of the filter list, and then apply the custom filter "less than 100%" directly to the % Complete field, and click the drop down arrow on the % Complete field and select custom to enter the filter.