Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Summary Task Duration incorrect

Microsoft Project

Old 09-10-2008

Summary Task Duration incorrect

I hope that some can answer for the question that I am having. I have a summary task duration which is not correct. For instance, I have got 2 subtasks that are Finish-to-Start, first one is 2 hours and second is 6 hours. The summary task tells a duration of 7 hours instead of 8 hours. I have tried to recalculate but that is not helping at all. Does anyone has any idea about same? Thanks.

Old 09-10-2008

Re: Summary Task Duration incorrect

Actually, the duration of a summary line is not defined by the duration of subtasks under it. The duration of a summary line is the difference in working time between the summary line start and finish. Those 2 dates are defined as the start date of the earliest subtask and the finish date of the latest subtask.
Old 09-10-2008

Re: Summary Task Duration incorrect

Can you tell us whether there is a lag between the finish of the first task and the start of the second? You can try to take a look at the time the tasks begin and end. Incase you are not showing time and date as well, then check Tools >> Options, View tab. Let us know what did you find.
Old 10-10-2008

Between Tasks there is no lag, so that the sum of all durations should be the duration of the summary task. Actually, I have seen many examples where there is only one task, and I have included a summary line as well. The duration of the task is 2 hours and yet the summary for this task is only 1.5 hours? Thanks

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Tags: ,