Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to calculate duration in days

Microsoft Project

Old 26-09-2008

How to calculate duration in days

I have recently created 2 new custom fields, that is, a date field (date1) and duration (duration1). I just want to calculate the difference in days between 'start' and dat1 in day. When I am trying to create a formula for duration1 of: start - date1 then I am getting an odd answer. Is there anyone who can give me some kind of a formula to calculate duration between 2 dates? Thanks.

Old 26-09-2008

Re: How to calculate duration in days

Incase you want the difference in calendar days, then you can simply use the DateDiff function and if you want the difference in Working Days, then you can use ProjDateDiff function. Hope this helps.
Old 26-09-2008

Re: How to calculate duration in days

Thank you, I tried to use the ProjDateDiff function but if I have got a different calendar than the project calendar then how can I make the distinction in the formula?
Old 26-09-2008

You just need to put the name of the calendar between double quotes, like for example:
ProjDateDiff([Start],[Finish],"Six Days")

Hope this helps.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Tags: ,