Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Why won't Project Import/Export to/from Excel

Microsoft Project

Old 16-07-2008

Why won't Project Import/Export to/from Excel

I think my issue is not new and many are aware about what I talking here. I need some help here to find out option that can let me import or export files from Project to Excel. It is not working at all. I am quite annoyed with the same. Each time when I try to export some old project files I am getting a operation fail error on the screen. It is not at all working. I tried some windows update but still that cannot fix the problem. I think there will be some way to deal with the problem.

Old 22-07-2008

Did you tried any other file format. Are they working. It is a bug in project that when you try to export to excel some objects are not exported well and cause the crash. You can simply try to test out the format by going in tools and then clicking on options. I am sure there you can find any solution that will work. I am using a converter software. It is actually a kind of script that allows me to export files to excel. But number of things in that is messed out and does not work. It can be complicated.
Old 19-12-2008

I had installed SP update on my system. After that a number of problem with project is resolved and there is no problem with the same. I had seen a small solution on web that told to rename the mpp files to xls and then check back. I had tested. Some things open up at some point I got error and it failed to work properly.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Tags: , ,