Thread: missing or corrupt \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

missing or corrupt \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

I am using MacBook Pro and on that I had created a new partition. I had installed Windows XP on that. I want to dual boot the system so that I can use some Windows application on that. After the installation when try to boot in Windows XP I am getting a missing system file error. The one that is mentioned in the title. There is another error with bluescreen - BAD_POOL_CALLER***STOP: 0x000000C2 (0x00000043, 0xC2632000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). I tried to start the system back on last good known configuration but that also did not work.

Re: missing or corrupt \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

There is some system file missing which caused the issue. It is recommended that you must try to re-install the same. The disc that you are using might have some kind of missing system file which cause the issue and that file is unable to load. It can be the drivers also. Try to re-install all stuff from scratch and then check once again. It will work properly and will not give any error. If still you got the same issue it is recommended you must change the installation disc.

The issues lies with different architecture of Mac system. You cannot get windows working well on that. It is recommended that you must try to install from scratch and then check once again. Somehow you will need to generate a Windows compatible bios in your system or else it will not work. You format the partition and also overwrite your mac bios. If this not done properly then your entire system will be screwed up.

It is correct that Windows is not easy to on Mac platform nor it is easy to install Mac on Windows platform. The reason is that, Mac uses EFI and Windows uses x86 bios. You will need to find the edition of Windows which can work on EFI or convert your mbr to appropriate windows readable format. This can screw your existing installation also. You must try some other step to get windows on it.

You can try some kind of Windows emulator that will help you to fix the same. There are emulator like Wine to run windows application on mac. It works well but there is some issue with the system files. The entire interface is changed and some only works. I tried to run Microsoft office on it. It worked but there were constant errors. If you are not using any complicated software you can try a emulator.

You will have to flash your bios first. I am not much aware about machbook but I had seen one of my friends installing XP on a Macbook. It took quiet a long time and the guy has to made number of different changes. The major issue lies with the file partition system. You have to create a appropriate reading partition for XP and along with that you will need to find proper drivers for the macbook also.

Try to work with Bootcamp. It will help you to work with Mac OS X and Windows on the same. There are some other way also to use windows on the same. Windows and Mac are two different OS and so they work on entirely two different platforms. There is a problem for running two different kind of file system on a same computer. And if you created the same then both will not be visible in each others file manager. On Windows it is easy to get Mac but on Mac it is a bit complicated to work on Windows.

The major issue lies with the bios. The mbr which is used by Windows to create partition and manage the size while Mac uses EFI. Yet there is on intact way to find the right tool that can allow both the us to work fine. You can find bootloaders. But somehow Windows will crash on boot. You can successfully install windows xp on intel based mac systems. Also there will be lack of drivers. Many things will not at all work.

Did you tried live cd. This are some of the best way to run windows on mac or other system without installing it. It is right that you cannot run that properly on mac due to difference in the hardware. The architecture is the one that matters the most. Somehow I am also trying to find a simple way to find a proper guide to configure windows on mac.

There is one way to fix the same. But there is one more option that you can try out. You can go with Parallel and Vmware. This is a virtualization mode that allows you to install Windows XP inside Mac. There is no need to install the same and also there is no need to modify the system partition.