Thread: Media center for composite input

Media center for composite input

My problem is the level I would like to make use of the media center connected with a set top box at the CVBS (Video) input a WinTV PVR150 card. That set up the Media Center (Windows 7 64) goes to the point where an infrared hardware is not found. (No wonder, yes, no connected to the PC as the remote control directly to set-top box is one). The video and audio signal is always present because the setup screen in front, (where is select the video input), the preview is fine. Is there a workaround? I do not want to buy an IR hardware that I will never use just the setup for the composite video input to make ready. Thanks for any good tip. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Media center for composite input

The use of an external setup box is not really a HTPC and is current only as an additional feature with the original MCE remote control and the " Red Line "have been possible. Today, there is this TV card to DVB-S2 (only DVD-C, it is somewhat difficult, but that's another story. And it may be not only so, but it is also true that you only get with this additional hardware and a TV card with S-video input, a relatively poor image of your receiver to MC7.

No, without the hardware it might be a solution but possibly you can find even a good offer at AEON so that made it manageable for you too. To be honest, I find it rather well, because that was ever created an opportunity and very well integrated (the quality just once before I leave the outside, which is natively of course, better).

The picture would of course be better with an integrated DVB-C card, but as you have correctly noted this is also "slightly" more complicated. Fact is, I receive the TV signal with a set-top box and the signal in the cable DVB-c is Konax. There is probably PCI cards with CAM module and Konax hardware, but I would actually prefer the set-top box to decode the left and the analog video signal which comes out of there with the PVR150 connect the PC. So far so simple you would think. However, the Hauppauge WinTV software is unfortunately in 64 bit systems only if less than 4GB Ram are in the computer. (And no, I will not convert that account to less than 4GB). And the media center, the sample referred to with the setup. Any other Software I do not know. Maybe it would work with a VM and a 32-bit XP with the WinTV software, but hey, it's really just a video signal, no tuner.

I have a remote control center for Media and still cannot access the video input as well as composite video with an antenna as the source. Ffurthermore I plug my IR emitter after that it work, however I lose the OTA channels is quite typical of Microsoft to not think of a good product. But still, I appreciate it's pretty wild, but I can be the only people watching TV on a computer and would like to connect can be an old game for fun or possibly a video player, it’s silly. I feel a "Media Center" is the "center" of my "media" so you can observe these entries by means of other means, this means that Microsoft has not thought, however as some other successes like me and I am certain they're necessary to do so in the future for all the fate of others.