Thread: Need some help to connect Xbox 360 with Media Center PC

Need some help to connect Xbox 360 with Media Center PC

I have a Vista system at my home. I am facing issue to connect my Xbox with it. I had seen my friends using Xbox as Media Center to access videos and photos. But the same is not working at my pc. I am getting a error on the screen that Xbox 360 has experience a failure and needs to be disconnected. I am trying to find some information on it but somehow it does not work at all.

Check that there is some kind of security application installed in your computer. If yes then that would be blocking the connectivity. It is recommended that you unblock that first and then move ahead. Even system firewall is capable of blocking the connection and such error appear. Just disable that and try to connect it. You will also need to modify the file permission and create a proper share folder.

It is a firewall problem. Even I am facing the same. I was trying to connect to Vista and the firewall blocks. I never thought about the same. Later on when I turned off the firewall it started working. It is not all complicated to do that. You can also verify the ethernet connection. The cable can also be faulty. Most of the time xbox does not needs any cd or driver to run in Windows.

First you have to bring both the system on a single network. Then you will need to configure the sharing permissions. Ensure that in Xbox 360 you had enabled Windows Media Center or else it will remain undetected. Once you enabled that you can see a notification in Vista and it will show you some code to add in Xbox. Add the same and your Xbox is on the network. Later on you can access the files in it. It is recommended to keep a public network active.

You can start from scratch again to check whether it works properly or not. In Xbox 360 menu you can find the pc. If it is not available still a proper connection is not established between your pc and console. It is recommended that you change the connection cable and try back. The best part is to find some video tutorial on the web and then use it to configure Xbox on your PC.

There can be issue with the ethernet cable. Get a new cable and then go in Network and Sharing Center. In that on the left side you can see a option called as Manage Network Connection. Click on that and enable public sharing. The error that you are receiving shows that Xbox fails to work with the system properly.

Go in Control Panel and then see you can find UAC settings there. You will have to disable that and then try reconnect. If your system has a public network settings, then it will be detected and it works well. Somehow there will be something missing file issue due to inappropriate permission. Windows does not directly allow to connect or share the media files so instantly.

What is the exact issue you are getting. It is hard to give you any solution on the basis of that error. I had connected my home theater system recently to the xbox and it works well. I had configured everything wireless. I had protected the wifi with a good password and left all the windows file on public shared directory.

I am having the same problem connection failure. i have an Asus G53-JW-A1, I uninstalled SmartLogon and still nothing, may I have some help please.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, i uninstalled norton, disabled the windows firewall, my linksys e1000 router firewall, and my dsl modem firewall, still nothing. deleted the files from the xbox, and ran several times, same thing everytime. gets to the last check box connecting extender, and it says connection failure, the xbox 360 could not connect to the windows media center pc. turn your xbox 360 off then on again. and try and connect again." i've turned it off and everything else off still nothing. Someone please help, I went out and bought a brand new console with connect and dropped over a grand on this laptop to mainly run media center, and nothing. Any help will be appreciated. Thank You!

re: Need some help to connect Xbox 360 with Media Center PC

You can try by turning off the CEIP program. If you want to view the Windows CEIP setting on a computer that is having Windows 7 installed in it then you can follow the steps below.
    1. First of all, click on the start and then choose Control Panel and click on the Action Center.
    2. From the left pane, click on the Change Action Center settings.
    3. Now click on the Customer Experience Improvement Program a setting that is under related settings.
    4. To turn off the Windows CEIP, choose No, I don't want to participate in the program and after that click on the Save Changes.