Thread: blue background to desktop icons

blue background to desktop icons

I dont know why but am getting blue colored box appearing behing the names of the desktop icons and the letters are turning to black color. I have checked for various workarounds but nothing is working for me. So, I right click on the desktop and went to desktop tag. After that I went into drop arrow for the colors and it was blue. I then clicked on other and moved the arrow up to the very top which was no colout and all the icons reverted to the previous display. And there was no colored box and white letters for the names on the desktop icons. Is there anyone who can tell me what is the reason this things happening? Thanks

Re: blue background to desktop icons

This problem appears when you use the Active Deaktop features which is used to open the desktop. For instance, when the background of the desktop or the use of transparent images or animated GIF images is set to page or desktop activities then this problem arises. Also when the opening of the lock on the desktop Web project fearure is set, then also this issue happens.

Re: blue background to desktop icons

You can try to solve this problem easily by right clicking on My computer>> Properties>> Advanced Tab>> Settings(Visual effects,Processor..)
    >> Under Visual effects Tab, uncheck use drop shadow and clik ok and save these settings and restart your processor. Hope this will help you out.