Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Stack based buffer; Physical Memory Dump; Blue Screen of Death Hel

MediaCenter

Old 19-06-2008

Stack based buffer; Physical Memory Dump; Blue Screen of Death Help

Some time recently, by mistake I downloaded some weird ActiveX component from a website and it got lots of spyware, malware as well. So, I used Spybot Search and Destroy to remove what I was thinking as spyware. After that I used the Adaware from Lavasoft to get rid of anything else that might be present in my computer, but when I reached the halfway then I started getting the below blue screen of death messages:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer.

A driver has overrun a stack-based buffer. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.

If this is the first time you've seen this error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information: *** STOP: 0x000000F7 (0x00720072, 0x00009334, 0xFFFF6CCB, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Old 19-06-2008

Re: Stack based buffer; Physical Memory Dump; Blue Screen of Death Hel

The error code that you are getting is due a software problem for sure, and obviously it is caused by an infection in your pc. So you can try to run the Antivirus software by going into safe mode, try to remove all the activex things that you have discussed and when finally everything is removed, reboot to normal windows and see if the blue screen error has disappeared.
Old 28-06-2008

RE: Stack based buffer; Physical Memory Dump; Blue Screen of Death Hel

Even I am facing the same problem, the screen that you are seeing is a screen saver of some type that is made with some codes. I even deleted the antivirus xp 2008 application that might be a part of malware, and also killed somethings in registry but I dont think that I have totally cleaned the system. I would appreciate if someone can help me out with some troubleshooting method of cleaning the computer from viruses.
Old 10-05-2010

Re: Stack based buffer; Physical Memory Dump; Blue Screen of Death Hel

If you have this issue any further try going to superantispyware.com they have a free version of their program that removes all of the attacks on your PC the after this is finished if the problem persists download the program Tuneup Utilities and run the 1 click maintenance this should solve your problem.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > MediaCenter