Thread: Windows Media Center won't play any video.

Windows Media Center won't play any video.

I bought a brand new Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit Desktop. It has Windows Media Center but it wont play any video. I tried out solutions provided in other discussions here such as installing CCCP, K-lite, even the 64-bit ffdshow but none of them works. At the same time Windows Media Player is able to play all these videos on the same system, so I don’t think the problem is with Codecs, right?

Is there something wrong being a 64bit OS? All these codecs I installed are for 64Bit itself. Can somebody please help?

Re: Windows Media Center won't play any video.

The reason Windows Media Player is able to play the videos is because Vista by default uses 32bit version of WMP and not the 64bit version. Whereas Media Center however is a native 64-bit application that requires 64-bit decoders for any of the video. So just try out installing 64-bit version of ffdshow from here http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ffd..._clsid_x64.exe. It should work.

Thanks for your help Mauricio, but as i already said, all codecs I installed were for 64bit itself and they dint worked. However, after installing the plugin you provided, I’m able to play few movies but still there are Xvid and .mkv (h264) which wont play.

What else?

Why cant windows media center msn video player wont work in my samsung r580. Every time I try to access it, it always show 'there was a problem accessing the video'' I have internet connection but still it doesnt work. please help! Thanks!