Thread: Drivers for eHome Remote Control and IR Receiver

Drivers for eHome Remote Control and IR Receiver

I am trying to install IR receiver in Windows XP. I had connected the IR receiver to the system. It is detected in Device Manager. And to some extent it looks that the driver is also installed. I am facing issue with using it on Media Center. The remote looks responding but it is not working on windows media center. I had tried a number of different settings to test whether it is going to work or not but there is no respond at all. I had tried to re-install the same again and again but still there is a problem.

Try to run Windows Update. This is the only solution that can help you. Windows Update offers you many fixes and driver updates just instantly. It is not at all complicated to find a proper solution through that. You can perform a test by running the update and then you can easily find a set of list that has all updates listed in it. You can choose which update to install and which to live. I had got a driver update for my video driver through that. I am using a very old board and there is no driver provided on the web. Fortunately windows update helped me to get one and then I installed the same.

If the device that you had has no official support for your windows then it is not going to work. You cannot do anything in that. It will be complicated for your to find proper updates and somehow it is also a waste of time. The drivers provided by the manufacturer is the only chance to run the hardware in your system. The Ir will work but with some media center software. Not with windows. You can see on the official site of microsoft you will need to find a hardware which is officially supported or else it is a complete waste of time.