Thread: can't get into safe mode

can't get into safe mode

Since installing Media Center Edition 2005 on my Acer notebook i am not able to boot in to safe mode. When i enter the Windows Advanced Options Menu and select Safe Mode, then i am asked for selecting operating system. However, XP Media Center is the only choice i have there. If i proceed with XP Media Center then i am dragged through a list of files the screen turns black, after some time XP startup screen comes up which tried to boot in to XP. I have tried booting in to the safe mode quite a few times but i am not able to get out of this loop.

Same here, i started running in to this issue after deleting some file accidentally which was required for my system. Since then i am not able to boot in to safe mode. I get the option but for some reason i am not able to highlight it. I have tried formatting my system after booting from disk but it keeps asking me to hit any key for booting from the disk. As soon as i hit any key my system starts booting in to windows xp rather than booting from the disk. Hope someone over here will help me out.

Re: can't get into safe mode

You should be specific with your issue, i mean which operating system you are running??? Which disk you are trying to boot from??? Do you get any prompt for hitting any key?? How long does the prompt last??? Just let me know about all these things so that i can have better idea of the issue you are going through.

I am running windows xp in my system and i am trying to boot from windows xp installation disk. I get prompt for hitting any key but then it doesn't last long and disappear after few seconds. I have made sure that i am hitting the key before prompt gets disappeared but it seems as if my keyboard stops working at that time. I am just running out of ideas now, please let me know if there is anything else that i can check out further, i need to get my system working properly as soon as possible, so any help on this matter will be appreciated.

Re: can't get into safe mode

Which kind of keyboard you are using?? Is it a usb keyboard or PS2 keyboard??? Some usb key board doesn't work in bios and in order to carry out the required task you will have to use a PS2 keyboard. Just arrange a PS2 keyboard if possible and let me know if you get it working.