Thread: Ehshell.exe Crashes Media Center 2002 After SP3 Failure

Ehshell.exe Crashes Media Center 2002 After SP3 Failure

My system is running Windows XP Media Center Editon 2002 SP 2 and some times when i start "Windows Media Center player" i get below error message:

ehshell.exe - Strong name validation failed.

Strong name validation failed for assembly 'C\windows\ehome \ehshell.exe'. The file may have been tampered with or it was partially signed but not fully signed with the current private key.

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled Process=0xe18(3608), Thread id=0x17c(380)

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Media Center player but i still get the same error message some times. I want to get rid of this error message permanently so any help for fixing this issue will be highly appreciated.

I want to know if this issue has started suddenly or you are getting above error message since starting. If this error message has started coming up suddenly then some recent changes might be causing it. In that case performing system restore will be a better idea. You can restore your system to a point when you were not facing any such issues. If your restore point is too old and if you have installed any important program or application after that date than you can go through affected program list and make a note of those programs so that you can install them later.

In case system restore doesn't make any difference in your case then you can revert back to me for further help.