Thread: Windows Media Center Receiver Service stopped working and was close

Windows Media Center Receiver Service stopped working and was close

I am facing issue with Windows Media Center. I had installed it on Windows Vista Ultimate on the same. Somehow after installation there was a error about Media Center Service. It stopped working on its own. I am not able to figure out the actual cause behind it. I hope there will be some way to fix the problem. The error says that Media Center fails to work. It keeps on crashing and does not start at all. Any idea how to fix the same. Thanks.

Try to re-install it and then check back. There is some kind of internal issue with the Media Center due to which you are getting the error. Check that your system has performed some recent updates and due to that you are facing the error. You will need to either get rid of old update or simply run system restore. That is the best way to fix the problem.

Do you have a TV Tuner card in your system. If yes then try to update the drivers for the same and then see back. It can be due to some driver failure due to which you are getting the error. You can find that in Device Manager. There are ample of hardware listed and you can reconfigure the drivers from start.