Thread: Windows Media Center / Dish Network

Windows Media Center / Dish Network

I have a Gateway FX530XV Desktop Computer running with Windows Vista Home Premium and it has Asus/ViXS Combo-210E NTSC/ATSC TV Tuner. My Dish Network Settop box is connected via S-Video cable to the tuner card and the remote sends IR signal (not UHF). The problem am facing is I’m not able to get "change channel" test. I tried doing this manually as well as Auto setup but no help.

Here I found few discussions regarding the same which says problem may be signal-type related. In my case the STB responds to an IR signal but the WMC remote is sending UHF. Do anyone here have any idea regarding this? If yes, please help me out.

Re: Windows Media Center / Dish Network

First of all you just make sure that the IR emitter is placed properly between STB and the IR Receiver on the proper place on your STB. If yes, it should work fine because if Media Center Remote/Receiver uses IR technology (not UHF) so it should work. Try dong this again from beginning and see if it works.

I really appreciate your help CoYoTeA for this useful tip. Think you are right because from other articles that I read, according to them it was a IR / UHF issue. But as you said I tapped the IR emitter to the receiving end of the STB and after configuring Windows Media Center from scratch the channels changed. Thank you.

I have XP Media Center edition 2005 and facing exactly same problem with Cox. In my case I am not able to program my remote for the set top box. Can you please tell me what and how exactly you place the IR emitter between the set top box and the IR receiver on the proper place on the set top box? It may help me to get rid of the issue. Please help.