Thread: Constant message that windows installer is preparing to install

Constant message that windows installer is preparing to install

I am annoyed with a constant message on my screen. I was just trying to clean my system. I removed some programs and also wiped out some unwanted updates. But somehow the installer is not working fine. When I start my computer windows installer keeps on appearing on the screen. It keeps on generating a bug. It is a bit crazy to find. I performed windows update and found a set of different updates. I added them and still the same error appears. There is no proper solution available to fix the issue. Is there any idea to deal the problem.

There is some missing system file which is causing the problem. To fix that you will need to download and install windows installer cleanup utility. This utility is best to wipe out unwanted files in the system. if you accidentally wipe out some internal files which is required by an application to run, then this kind of error appear. You can find that from the official site of microsoft. If still the error keeps on coming up on the screen you will need to perform system restore. It is the only way to deal with the problem.

I am also having the same issue. I tried the cleaup utility but that did not work. But system restore did the trick. I had accidentally removed some shared files and due to which I was getting the error. I think we must use some kind of good cleanup software that allows you to wipe out unwanted system files in much easy way. This clean up software also comes with set of tools that are capable of giving more performance.

re: Constant message that windows installer is preparing to install

Simple fix:

I went into c:\program files\microsoft office\office 12\ and ran winword.exe from there.
    It ran without the windows installer message.
    So, I just created shortcut to that it works great!

re: Constant message that windows installer is preparing to install

Hi All,

I went crazy with this problem all day yesterday.

First, you should all know that I have Windows Vista operating system.

The problem started happening after I installed Microsoft Office 2010.

A little history: I had Microsoft Professional Edition 2003 installed on my computer, and I think there may have been some corrupted files in it before I did the upgrade to Office 2010. Also, Microsoft Office 2007 was pre-installed on my computer when I bought it. I never used it, but when I upgraded to 2010, Windows upgraded Office 2007, and left Office Professional Edition 2003on my computer. After I installed Office 2010, the error message started popping up randomly upon startup or basically just starting any program or clicking on any program.

I thought that Windows Vista gotten corrupted, but in the end, it turned out that I just needed to completely uninstall Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003, and Microsoft Office 2007, and then reinstall Microsoft Office 2010. I had a little bit of trouble with the uninstallations, because of the corrupted files. First, I had to put the Office 2010 disk back in the computer and uninstall using the disk. Then, I had to visit the following site and run the "Fixit" downloads for both 2007 and 2003:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

That pretty much fixed the problem with the windows intaller popping up.

Last, I went ahead and ran the following from the command prompt (right click and run as administrator) to verify and fix any corrupted files that might be left: sfc/scannow

After reinstalling Office 2010, I did a Windows update, and my computer is just about as good as new. The only problem is that Professional Edition 2003 had Microsoft Access on it, and now I don't have Access anymore, so I'll probably have to suck it up and just buy the 2010 version.

I hope the details I have posted here help somebody, because I wasted an entire day on this, and it turned out the fix was just so easy. It was just some kind of incompatibility/file corruption issue.
    Last edited by lerikson; 23-10-2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: typos