Thread: Can't read from Sandisk SDHC 8gb card

Can't read from Sandisk SDHC 8gb card

I am using Windows XP. Recently after update the system has stopped reading my memory card. I am using a 8Gb Sandisk SDHC card. When I insert that in the system it is not reading it at all. Before I play videos through that. I was using the same in my camera for video recording. There is one more 2GB card which works fine and there is no issue at all. Does the download has corrupted the card. There are lots of videos in it. I need some help here to make it work. Thanks.

Do you have a card reader. You had not clearly mentioned what device you are using to plug the card in your system. Most commonly people uses card reader. You must try to check the same in some other computer. If it works there then the card is fine. There can be driver failure or sometime the port is not proper. You can test the card by putting it back in the camera and see whether it able to read it or not. You must always keep a backup with your system so that in case of any problem like this you do not loose your data.

I got that issue with Transcend 4GB SDHC card. It failed to read on my system. I am using Windows XP and the same happened after installing a hotfix in the system. Later on I tested the same card on a linux laptop where it worked. There was no problem at all. I thought the card was gone, but the problem was with windows. I removed the old updates and then re-installed the card reader from scratch. It started working and there is no bug at all.

Re: Can't read from Sandisk SDHC 8gb card

hi all you have to do is purchase a sdhc card reader at the source for 13 dollars and you will be able to insert the sdhc card in the reader then plug it into your usb port, and it will work, i went through many hotfixes and dowloads to find this out.