Thread: Windows media center has stopped working

Windows media center has stopped working

I bought HP m7750n about 3 months ago which came pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium. Don’t know what went wrong and my media Center stopped working completely. Its been a month now whenever I try opening Media Center, I get an error message saying:

“Media center has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.”

Let me tell you guys that I haven’t installed a single application in this computer from end. Its all running with the programs it came pre-installed. Then what could be the problem. How can I fix it?

Same Problem

I have recently encountered the same problem, I've had vista since it came out and have been using Media Center to watch TV since i've had it. But recently i upgraded my motherboard and CPU (AMD Phenom 9600), and Media Center just stopped working, I tried everything i could find in different forums like this, but unfortunately the only way the problem could be resolved was by doing a clean install of Vista. But i don't mind, as long as it works. But just so everyone knows, this problem isn't uncommon.

I've read many posts about this problem occuring b/c of different codecs, and conflicts with programs like itunes or video editing programs like sony vegas or nero. so try uninstalling any programs such as those to see if it works, or try system restore (didn't work for me, but did for others) there is also a download you can get that can fix this problem in certain circumstances (didn't work for me either) you can get it through microsoft. hope some of this helps.

Re: Windows media center has stopped working

I have recently encountered a similar problem; I've Windows Home 7 Premium on an ASUS & have been using it to watch Netflix, compose personal slide shows & view U-tube mpgs for about a half a year. Just recently it crapped out on me displaying the following mssg in a window's window: "Windows Media Center Has Stopped Working". It goes onto say; "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem ..." & than NOTHING further is displayed & NOTHING further happens!

I may have a corrupted file but as of this writing can't find it or find out about it, nor do I have any solution,

alt