Thread: Processor upgraded now Windows Media TV tuner does not work

Processor upgraded now on Windows and TV tuner stopped working

I want some suggestion in upgrading my processor. I am having a AMD processor. The current system has a internal tv tuner card installed in the same. The card which is used is Hauppauge HVR 1600. I want to upgrade my processor to get a bit more performance. I had selected the brand which I will be going for. But somehow I am not able to find right configuration on the same. After adding the new processor I thought reconfiguration everything will be better. It will fix my system bugs. Everything was proper. The media center stopped working. When I try to launch it I am getting a error launching media center. Also in Device Manager the TV Tuner card is not working properly.

You need proper drivers for that. It looks your current settings are not proper. You can try removing and installing Windows Media Center one more time and it will surely work well. There can be drm issue also. Go in Device Manager and try to update the drivers through official cd only. You can find appropriate drivers from the official site of Tv Tuner card. Second when everything starts working do not run windows update. Some updates are not comfortable for the process.

Go in Device Manager and just ensure that there is no warning in the Tv Tuner card. Right click on that and choose properties. In that you must try to find out the settings related information. If it is working fine then there is some problem with windows media center. It is not at all reading the card and that is why it is causing failure. It is very important that you must check the proper drivers and then only run them. Adding multiple drivers can generate more errors.