Thread: Sound Over HDMI Connection

Sound Over HDMI Connection

I have HP dv9657cl and i have connected it to Toshiba 47" LCD tv over HDMI and there is something wrong with sound configuration of windows media center in my case. I don't get any audio from TV when i play DVD in media center. I get audio if i play DVD with HP's Quick Play, is there any way by which i can configure Media Center to output digitally??? Help regrading this will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

RE: Sound Over HDMI Connection

It seems as if there is something wrong with your sound card driver?? Do you have the latest driver installed for your sound card??? If not then download and install it from the manufacturer site and see if you are able to get audio properly after that.

RE: Sound Over HDMI Connection

No there is nothing wrong with the sound card driver, i have installed the latest one already. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver a couple of times but that's not making any difference in my case. It seems as if there is something wrong with Media Center as i can get audio while playing HP's Quick Play. I am still searching after a fix for the same, in case there is any other thing that i can try out then please let me know. Your help will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Yes there is some issue with Media Center, may be its specific to some DVDs . In my case even i am having HP DV9640US and i have connected it to my Samsung LCD via hdmi. I can get sound from TV, my Video & Music Library without any issues but i wont get sound from some specific DVD's when i play them in Media Center. I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the dvd as i can play them without any such issue with QuickPlay software.