Thread: Hauppauge HPR-1600 TV tuner set up problems in Vista Media Center

Hauppauge HPR-1600 TV tuner set up problems in Vista Media Center

I am having a HP Mediacenter m8047c system with Vista Media Center installed in the same. I had configured LiveTV on that and it looks to be working fine. I checked all the driver version and updated whatever is needed. Now here is my problem. First I had connected a STB to the media center through svideo and coaxial cable. I is connected properly as per mentioned in the manual. Th tuner is properly installed. In Media Center when I try to run livetv there is picture at all. There is nothing in that. I had reconfigured all the settings from scratch but still the problem lies the same.

It is a problem with media center. I was not able to find a proper driver update for a older device that was used in my old system. Later on I found that unless and until you are not having a hardware which is officially certified by microsoft then it is not going to work well. It is very complicated to use third party devices on windows, especially vista. There are some set of combo cards available on the web and you can use them to get a proper output from it. Live streaming is not possible on tools that are not officially provided.

Re: Hauppauge TV tuner set up problems in Vista Media Cen

For a proper media streaming you will need first all a proper set of drivers based on the os edition. Then you will need a mce remote, mouse and wifi keyboard. I had configured live tv on my system. I am using Windows XP. Whatever items required were purchased from the official site and I cross checked a number of time that there is no problem with the compatibility. Things were fine and there was no issue at all. I think you must test the same once on windows xp and then see.