Thread: Invalid Application, Unable to launch SymAddIn

Invalid Application, Unable to launch SymAddIn

I have a 6 months old Media Center desktop. I bought it for watching Live TV only and have been enjoying it so far. Recently something went wrong (I don’t know) that started creating error every time I start Media Center. It says “Invalid Application, Unable to launch SymAddIn.” And when I get this error window there use to be only a check box saying 'disable this application’. I don’t know what to do with this box or error message.

As a workaround I tried running windows update and installed all patches for Media Center but that dint fixed the problem. Can somebody please provide some solution for the same? Thank you.

Re: Invalid Application, Unable to launch SymAddIn

Personally I dint faced such problem ever on my PC but I suspect it could be the cause of any antivirus program, most probably Norton. Do you have Norton antivirus installed on your system?

Yep, I have Norton antivirus installed on my computer. I guess your suspect is somewhat correct because I installed Norton just 2 weeks ago and thereafter I started getting this error message. Should I uninstall it from my computer ?

Yes, you should try uninstalling Norton to check if the error gets fixed. Apart from uninstalling it, also check your startup programs to see if there is any more program interfering with Media Center You should have some items in there for the background virus scanning, but maybe that is some additional program running that isn't needed.