Thread: How to restore or reinstall media center ?

How to restore or reinstall media center ?

I need some help here to reinstall Windows Media Center. I am getting a issue while burning disc. The problem appeared after installation of Nero 7. Nero is working fine but Media Center is giving issue. I want to re-install and reconfigure all the settings back from scratch. I am not aware about any procedure that can allow me to restore Windows Media Center with some clicks. I am sure there is some way to do that. Each time when I try launch media center it is giving error that application stopped working.

There is one more thing that you can do. You said that you had installed Nero in your system. You must remove that and then check back again. Because I got the same issue. I was getting error when I was trying to launch windows media player. The problem lies with update. You must simply run it without update. Updates screwed a number of settings in the system. You can run system restore and then ensure that settings are applied and they are not changed.

This type of issue also appears if there is some problem with the registry files of media center. It is recommended that you must use some registry repair software. It will help you to wipe out the settings and work more properly. It is right that sometime windows update screw many things and it is also very complicated to find information which update has caused what. Fortunately I found some of the most common updates on web that can be ignored.