Thread: Configuration Error (Adding my Xbox 360 as an Extender)

Configuration Error (Adding my Xbox 360 as an Extender)

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate. I want to use my Xbox as extender. But I landed into a problem. The issue lies for around entire day. I had clicked on Configure Extender Settings. When I managed the settings I got a configuration error on the same. I had tried to find information on online forums, but still there is nothing provided. My Xbox simply fails to read the computer on the network. I am not sure there will be some better option available to share files among the network. Thanks.

Go in your system and go inside Viewer log. There you can find the detail on the errors. In this way you will be able to troubleshoot the problem or else it is a waste of time in going with different configuration. Is there any error code available in the error description. It is necessary that you can find intact information on the same and post it here. On that basis the problem can be solved. Mostly Xbox is unable to get your shared content due to low file permission. The most weird part is that your firewall does not allows the same.

You are getting error while configuration or while streaming video directly on your Xbox. Where you are getting the exact issue. If you can explain that in more detailed way then we can help you here. Second thing it is important that you give a complete description of error with error number. The problem that you are facing can be due to improper connectivity, security applications or incompatible hardware. The failure is most common when you are vista.

Re: Configuration Error (Adding my Xbox 360 as an Extender)

I am a step away from completing the whole process of connecting my xbox to the pc. However i have the following problem: When i try to install the Windows Live Onecare program (which is supposed to be a prerequisite for the succesful completion of the process) i get a message "the system language is not supported by the pc". According to what i have read the Onecare program is not supported in my area (Greece). Is there any other way to skip thw installation of the Onecare or use another program.
    Thanks