Thread: Notepad new line character

Notepad new line character

I am having a text file that has many records of information. There is a "~" in this file that is seperating the records. I want to know that how to insert a character instead of the "~" that will make the Notepad put the information after that on a new line, so that to clean up the data? Thanks for any help.

Re: Notepad new line character

I dont think that it will be possible with a single character. I have heard that Notepad expects a CR, LF like (0x0d, 0x0a) pair for a new line or so.

Re: Notepad new line character

You can get something like NoteTab which is a handy editor that can be used as an HTML editor or notepad, fulfilling both functions well. In addition to open documents in tabs, NoteTab is notable for having shortcuts with HTML tags or CSS to use in our documents. It also incorporates many utilities, such as favorites, ability to open a document in the web browser, search, inserting images or files in the HTML document, most used word counter, etc.

There is another tool called EditPad pro that can do the same things. It is a powerful and versatile text editor with support for many functions, such as word processing created under different operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac), a universal clipboard, find the differences in the versions of the document, easy to work with multiple documents, powerful search. The editor allows you to customize it according to your preferences.

Many of EditPad settings may vary depending on the type of file being edited. So for example, when editing a program, it automatically activates the needed code to edit, and in text editing functions for working with text. There are also many predetermined many file types in it like: TXT, HTML, XML, CSS, Delphi, Java, C #, C / C + +, Eiffel, Python, PHP, Perl, SQL, INI. The user can create settings for new file types as well as reconfigure old.