Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > MediaCenter
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

xbox 360 media center and Video_TS folder ability to play? Play avi?

MediaCenter

Old 07-09-2007

xbox 360 media center and Video_TS folder ability to play? Play avi?

I have enabled Media Sharing from Media Player 11 on Vista desktop to share my media on Xbox 360 console. Sharing is enabled and working fine, but I have a small question on this. Can I make Xbox 360 Media Center to play Video_TS folder content from remote computer? I would also like to know if it is possible to stream AVI files on my PC without converting them to mpg or wmv format? If yes, please let me know how. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-09-2007

As far as streaming AVI files is concerned, yes you can do it but it will require some codec such as K-lite or DivX. Just install the same, restart Windows Media Player and play AVIs. Alternatively you can also download open source Media Player “VLC”. It plays almost all file formats. As far as Video_TS and Xbox is concerned Windows Media Center Extenders does not support VIDEO_TS folder structures, or DVD's generally. To allow you to watch your VIDEO_TS folders or DVD image (ISO) files on your extenders, My Movies offers a transcoding solution, which reads the DVD structure directly, and converts it on-the-fly to a format recognized by the extender session.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > MediaCenter
Tags: , , , , ,