Thread: Configure Media Center for Direct RCA or S-Video Input

Configure Media Center for Direct RCA or S-Video Input

Does anyone is aware about a proper way to use a camcorder on Windows Media Center. I am not able to do the same. I found the issue lies with S-Video and RCA selection. When I saw the devices that I use there is a automatic configuration used on the same. I think it is well connected properly but still fails to detect. Any idea on the same.

The connectivity issue lies proper cable connection of standard setup. In Media Center you will need to check whether the hardware is detected or not If that is not working properly then you cannot install the same. It will be complicated to make it use on Media Center. Try to hook the same first on your pc and then on the setup top box. There must be a common set of standards among different device and then only it is going to work well.

The only way it works well when all the electronic devices are are working with common standards. For example a set of devices comes with DLNA certified and those all devices are well connected and configured with each other. I am aware that Windows Media Center does not really work with all kind of devices. There are some restriction in using the same. For example the TV tuner card. Ample of them remains undetected.

No one thought that Windows Media Center is so complicated in configuring the devices. I had just recently configured a Linux HTPC using a debian based media center and all is working fine. There is no error at all. I think there must be some kind of improvements needed with media player. If you have a device that has some software or plugin for Windows Media Center, then only you would be able to use it.