Thread: TV Tuner Conexant Falcon-II problems w/ analog video input

TV Tuner Conexant Falcon-II problems w/ analog video input

I have got a HP Pavilion d4100y which came with a Conexant Falcon-II TV-tuner. I am trying to upload video content from an analog Hi8 camera which is not working for me. I have also asked HP support to get the tuner card recognized and also ensure that the drivers are proper but none of the software that they have for this tuner will work. I have also tried downloading third party software but that has also failed to work. Can anyone tell me what video formats the Conexant Falcon-II is going to output? And is there any third party software that can accept the format of the Falcon-II? Thanks for any information.

Re: TV Tuner Conexant Falcon-II problems w/ analog video input

In the Media Center, there is no features in it that is designed to accept the video input other than the TV programs. You can try to go around it by telling it you have a cable or Satellite Set Top Box and then only you will be able to configure the MC IR remote with its IR blaster for input input from the STB using S-video or composite and stereo audio.

Re: TV Tuner Conexant Falcon-II problems w/ analog video input

Even I had a HP pc that came with an OEM version of Roxio MyDVD that can be run outside Media Center Edition. I was not that much happy with it so therefore I installed Nero burning tool. After using this software, I was able to capture video from my tuner outside Media Center Edition. You can also check for MyDVD on your pc and see if that is there or not.