Thread: My TV card won't work properly

My TV card won't work properly

I have recently purchased a new HP Media Center m7360n pc. It came with Windows XP and Media center onboard and so I connected it to the internet and updated to Service Pack 2 with Directx 9.0c. There is also an original TV card that came with American TV which is not working in my country. So, I replaced it with XCESS, Philips chipset SAA 7130. After when I tried to use the Honestech software that came with it, then it gave me an error that says 'error findinterface-IID_IAMTVTuner'. If I am using media center then it will find all the channels but none is showing images, but I can hear the sound. I have tried many things to fix this issue but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: My TV card won't work properly

It seems to me that your card will not support Media Center Edition since it does not have an onboard hardware MPEG2 encoder chip. You can however try to check the card's manufacturer website and check if they have got other MCE drivers for the card, which might be different from the normal windows drivers and could be used for the TV application that came with the same card. If it doesnt have different MCE drivers then it will not work in MCE, I think.

So, it simply means that why the card will not work under Media Center, how am I suppose to get an error on one machine while using the original software and not on the other machine? I am continuously losing the rangebooster? Any ideas?

I dont have much information about the TV Tuner card software that you have but I can recommend you to uninstall it and then restart the computer to let it reinstall itself. I dont know what do you mean about rangebooster but I will tell you that you should contact the runer card's manufacturer telling him about the software which is not working.

my pc tv tuner card working fine in the xp but its not detecting vista inthe sense my software not installing into that, please help