Thread: SymAddln message

SymAddln message

My cousin recently bought a brand new Windows Vista laptop. He called me up to activate Media Center. When I tried activating, it gave me an error message saying “Invalid Application, unable to launch SymAddln” and there was an OK button which when clicked says “Program not Responding - SymAddln program has stopped responding and you will be returned to Media Centre.”

I already have two Vista computers with Media Center but never had this error. Infact I don’t understand what is meant by that and what could be the cause of this error. Somebody please provide some info and solution for the same. Thank you.

Re: SymAddln message

Well even I dint heard about this error before and surprisingly it appears like you are the first because even Google doesn’t have any result for the same. So what I can suggest you is simply call up the vendor or service center of your system brand and get it fixed from them itself as it is new and still under warranty.

Re: SymAddln message

As far as I know “SymAddLn” is related to Norton/Symantec programs. Do you have Norton Antivirus or Firewall installed on your computer? If yes, you will need to remove it completely from the system to get rid of this error. Better use Norton removal tool for the same.

I know Im replying to you a little late but I gotta tell you. Norton SUCKS! I just bought this HP Laptop with vista home premium and they install sucky Norton on it and I removed it (With there remover from their site).

Why did I use the remover from there site? Well, windows told me (Via the windows experience) that if I was having problems with norton to go to there website and use there remover to solve the problem. You would think that this uninstaller would be as good as a windows uninstaller.

Anyway, the problem I've been having is not on my computer but with my sons Xbox 360 using media center on this laptop....keep getting the SymAddln error on the Media Center on the xbox.

Anyway, I just cant stand norton with their sloppy uninstall...I got registry entries all over the place from Systemac and there service is still in my services menu.

Did your removal and the problem is still there...probably because their service is still in my services...not running ofcourse

the xbox dosen't crash or anything, but Vongo wont load right on it with out getting the SysAddlin service is not avail.

Anway, thanks for the advice.

Sav

Do you mean:

- SymDebug
    - SymNRT

????????????