Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Upgrade XP Home to Professional

MediaCenter

Old 11-07-2007

Upgrade XP Home to Professional

I?m sorry if I landed in wrong section but I have a very important question to go with. I have a Windows XP Home Edition computer at my home which I want to upgrade to Xp Professional. I also bought the installation Disc of Xp professional. But the problem is I don?t want to reformat and re-install Windows and later reinstall all softwares again from start.

I just want to get it upgraded to professional with all my softwares and settings as it is. Is there any way for doing the same? Please help.

Old 11-07-2007

Yeah, you can do it without need of re-installing all your apps and all. Just checkout this KB article regarding the upgrade process: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;315341 or follow the steps given below:
  • Insert the Windows XP Professional CD in your computer's CD/DVD-ROM
  • On the Welcome to Microsoft Windows XP page, click Install Windows XP.
  • On the Welcome to Windows Setup page, click Upgrade (Recommended) in the Installation Type box (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.
  • On the License Agreement page, click I accept this agreement, and then click Next.
  • On the Your Product Key page, type the 25-character product key in the Product key boxes, and then click Next.
  • On the Get Updated Setup Files page, select the option that you want, and then click Next.
  • Now follow the instructions that appear on the screen to reinstall Windows XP.
Old 14-09-2007

Hey even I?m looking for a very similar info. I too have Windows XP Home which wants to be upgraded to professional. I am trying to search for professional upgrade CD but dint found it anywhere. It seems like there is no upgrade version available. From where did you bought your copy.
Old 22-01-2010

Re: Upgrade XP Home to Professional

Not a Media Center related question. Many online retailers still carry it, a google search will find some.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > MediaCenter
Tags: , , ,