Thread: AVIVO hardware acceleration

AVIVO hardware acceleration

I have a Vista Media Center laptop at home and have a small question regarding the same. I wanted to know whether vista default mpeg decoder make use of avivo hardware acceleration? Also how do we turn on catalyst video enhancements in media center?

Thanks for your helps.

Re: AVIVO hardware acceleration

Nope, Vista default MPEG2 decoder wont use neither NVIDIA PureVideo or the ATI AVIVIO APIs. It only uses standard hardware acceleration APIs. And in order to change to decoder in it to be the preferred decoder you can install PowerDVD Ultra or WINDVD8 that supports the AVIVIO updates.

Just ensure that it is should be PowerDVD ULTRA not the standare PowerDVD 7 And in order to change the decoder, you can download “Vista Media Center Decoder utility” from Google.

Thank you very much for your help unidentified. As you said I downloaded both PowerDVD ULTRA and Vista Media Center Decoder utility. But when I go to change the Media Center Decoder after installing powerDVD, that utility shows serveral Cyberlink decoders. I wasn’t able to recognize which one of them was the correct one hence I tried each of them but unfortunately none of them worked.

Now what?

I think you should first fix and get everything working fine in PowerDVD and once it is done, try again to use the power DVD decoder with Media Center. BTW, what is the resolution of your video and what’s the source of it? Many times if your program source is a progressive one such as 1080p or 720p then no de-interlacing is required. Just look after it.