Old 10-05-2007

Vista WMC Full Screen Black Screen Blinks

Hi, I had a XP Media Center PC running with the following specification:
  • Dual 22" LCD one on DVI and one on RGB
  • ATI Radeon X300/X550
  • Hauppauge WinTV Dual Tuner
  • Windows Vista Ultimate RTM build
  • Screen resolution at 1680 x 1050

Until it was running with xp media center, there was no problem with full screen/regular size or whatever resolution I use. But since I installed Vista Ultimate on this system, Media Center works in ONLY regular size. If I make it full screen, it turns black with blinks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 13-05-2007

RE: Vista WMC Full Screen Black Screen Blinks

Even I?m getting same problem with Vista and Media Center. In my case whenever I get the black screen directly when launching Media Center and there use to be little blue rectangle which expands asking me which kind of setting I need to do. I strongly suspect it is related to my Video Card. But on other hand I have seen many Vista users facing this problem. So, if you are listening Microsoft, please do something for this problem.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > MediaCenter
Tags: , ,