Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

WMP11 for Vista can't play stream audio from internet radio

MediaCenter

Old 15-04-2007

WMP11 for Vista can't play stream audio from internet radio

I bought a new Vista computer along with Windows Media Center in it. I was able to run the WMP 11 to play stream audio from the internet radio stations without any issues, until now, because it has stopped working whenever I click on the internet radio URL link. I get a popup error that states "There is a problem with the URL or file you are trying to open or play. If you are trying to open an URL, the URL may not be valid...". I have also tried other internet radio url but nothing seems to be working. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Old 22-04-2007

I have just installed Windows Vista on my pc and I am also getting similar issues. I am not able to play any .asx streams with Windows Media Player and am also getting the same error message like you are getting? Can anybody post a solution for this problem?
Old 21-06-2007

I was also having this same problem but now I have solved it with the below fix:
  1. First of all you need to go to your Windows Media Player local user profile application folder (eg. "C:\users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows
  2. Media")
  3. After that you can try to rename the "11.0" folder to something else.
  4. Try again, and if that doesnt work then download AC3 filters and install it in your computer.
  5. After that you have to update all the drivers as well (video and sound and many more)
  6. Then try to go to internet options and click on "security"- make it to Medium, then go to Privacy change setting to medium as well.
  7. Restart the system and then check if the problem has disappeared.
Old 08-09-2007

Even I was getting the same error message with WMP 11 on my Windows XP system. So, I went into the path \Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Media and there was folder called 9.0. So I changed it to 9.0aa and then closed my email program and after when I reopened it, then everything started working smoothly.
Old 09-09-2008

Re: WMP11 for Vista can't play stream audio from internet radio

Thanks to JUSTICE, that solution worked to get The VISTA XM Gadget working with XM but it didnt work for connecting direct from IE to XM or other radio stations that don't stream with Flash. Any suggestions?
Old 08-07-2010

Re: WMP11 for Vista can't play stream audio from internet radio

JUSTICE's fix worked for me pretty well. Thanks

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > MediaCenter