Thread: DRM Security Component Upgrade Failure

DRM Security Component Upgrade Failure

When i try to download any song from URGE i get an error message saying "Data Access Error" It redirects me to "Windows Media Security Component
    Upgrade". I get script error on the page (Line 67 char 13 code 0: The parameter is incorrect). As soon as i click on the error "upgrade button" turns greyed. I don't know what to do, is there anyone who can help???

I am aware of the error message you are getting and in order to fix it you will have to delete and re-set your DRM. For that you can try following below steps. Before your proceed i wanted to inform you that, if you might have downloaded songs from other music services then even their DRM will get deleted. So in case you don't want to loose them then you can back up your DRM prior to deleting it or store the music that you might have downloaded.

• First Upgrade Windows Media Player 11 to Version 5145 and restart your system after up gradation.
    • Download drmreset.exe from here, Right click on drmreset.exe file and run it as administrator.
    • Once you get a prompt for resetting DRM, then select "Yes.", click on OK when you get a message saying "Windows Media DRM has been reset successfully." Click "Ok" and sign into your URGE account and try downloading the songs again.

Re: DRM Security Component Upgrade Failure

Had the same problem with the "greyed" install box and - - - hours and many websites later - - I exited Firefox and tried accessing the site on IE instead. The install box was now able to be clicked and installed. grrrr
    Hope this helps someone...