Thread: Analog TV Signal in Media Center on Vista

Analog TV Signal in Media Center on Vista

Trying to set Media Center on my Vista Ultimate based HP Pavilion laptop. I also have ASUStek Tiger Capture Device with Analog Cable connected to my PC. The problem am facing is when trying to scan services while configuring Media Center I don’t find any services. I only can select "Unmapped Digital Terrestrial" as TV Signal. Infact I don’t know what is it but still I select it and it wont give any digital signal. Any idea what could be wrong and why am not able to select analog tv signal?

Re: Analog TV Signal in Media Center on Vista

As far as I know MCE does is not compatible with analog tunner on any Hybrid cards which is having an analog and a DVB-T tuner. It will be only compatible with DVB-T tuner since the analog tuner does not have a hardware encoder chip and does not have a separate MCE driver for it.

Thank you very much for the help and suggestion Maee but I really wanted to do it. Is there any other program/application which I can use to analog TV with Media Center? By the way if other programs can do this than why not Media Center itself? There should be any tweak for the same, right?

Talking about another program, it would have probably come with your card itself. And the reason why other programs and not MCE is because MCE requires that inputs from your card to be in MPEG2 Encoded format which is provided by a separate hardware encoder chip on the analog tuner cards. And as DVB-T is already encoded so there use to be no problem.