Thread: Windows XP Pro Drivers for MCE "ehome infrared transceiver"???

Windows XP Pro Drivers for MCE "ehome infrared transceiver"???

Can anyone help me to find Windows XP drivers for eHome Infrared receiver. I want one to use on my Windows Media Center. I am just bought a usb AVC-3610 dual tv tuner card. I am using Windows XP and rightnow I want some help to install the infra red remote in it. It is not working and it is very complicated to find a proper solution for the same. I visited the official website of that remote brand but still nothing was found. It is a bit complicated to get right solution such alien product. How can I find proper updates to run the IR receiver.

You can try using Windows Update and there it is possible to get some related updates. A number of time I had seen that many unwanted hardwares are installed through updates only. And if you are lucky you will get a proper driver fix for that. What I know that Windows Media center does not support any third party IR. You have to buy one which is officially certified and then only there are chances of getting a proper fix for the same. You can find that on the official website of Microsoft. It is necessary that you get a certified product only or else it is a bit waste of money.

There are many drivers and there are also many certified product. So it is better you buy one which will really work. I had seen a number of users facing problem with media center remote configuration. There is no proper way to find a settings that really works. I had seen people are troubled enough to find appropriate drivers. And if it is Windos XP then there are more chances to getting it fixed. Keep on checking updates. The IR update might be installed but there is less chances that you can initially configure remote on the same.